Westland American Single Malt Whiskey 46%, 700ml
The initial nose provides lemon and orange custard backed by freshly produced waffle cone.
Shortly after, a rich creaminess emerges with crème brûlée and chocolate custard while a hint of jasmine hides just beneath the surface.
The first sip confirms the creamy and rich fruit custard notes of the nose, adding an element of rainier cherries.
After five minutes, melting Swiss chocolate is revealed with a hint of almond.
Extended tastings brings out bananas and cream with Turkish coffee.
- Washington Select Pale Malt
- Munich Malt
- Extra Special Malt
- Pale Chocolate Malt
- Brown Malt
- Cooper's Select New American Oak
- Cooper's Reserve New American Oak
- First Fill Ex-Bourbon
- Belgian Brewer's Yeast
- 144 Hours
- Chairman's Trophy/96 Points, 2016 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- 95 Points, 2015 Jim Murray Whisky Bible
- Gold Medal, 2015 American Distilling Institute
- Double Gold Medal, 2014 SF World Spirits Competition
- Gold Medal/93 Points, 2015 Beverage Tasting Institute
- Gold Medal, 2014 NY International Spirits Competition
- Gold Medal, 2014 Berlin International Spirits Competition
- Gold Medal, 2014 SIP Awards
- 93 Points, Tasting Panel Magazine
- 93 Points, Wine Enthusiast